You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Rufus’ category.
How is it August already?! Seriously… I used to make fun of “old people” who talked about how fast time was flying, and somewhere along the way, I became one of them. Ooops. And now for the random…
1. It’s official. Our house is for sale. Now the fun begins…
Rufus and Turk, like Phelps and Lochte, are bros. And bros watch other bros swim.
Polly could care less about the Olympics. Unless napping is an Olympic sport – then she might be a contender for the Gold.
3. Speaking of cute doggies, look who is back from the vet and recuperating at home! According to Jenny, Ginger hasn’t left Aaron’s side since returning home. Something tells me he doesn’t mind though…
4. During a quick weekend trip to Duluth, MN to visit family, Daniel’s aunt showed me this photo of him. First of all, my husband was one ad.or.a.ble child – seriously so cute. Second of all, could he not totally pass as a 2012 hipster?! The hair, that tank top…it’s ridiculous.
What a week! I swear this summer is flying by so fast – I am sending out my resume like crazy and hope something will turn up soon. So while I wait, let’s dedicate a little time to the random…
1. I bought this little kitchen cart on Tuesday. I bought some Sun Yellow High Gloss Rust-o-leum spray paint on Wednesday. They shall meet this weekend in what I hope will be an epic revamp. Fingers crossed.
2. Polly Pocket is scheduled to attend doggy daycare at A Dog’s Fun Playce for a few days next week. While Polly is pretty good with other dogs, she can be a bit picky about her playmates. I am anxious to see how she will do. I am hoping it goes really well because this goofball could use some doggy playtime stat.
3. Speaking of Polly, she proved to be a fantastic TV-watching buddy when I was home sick yesterday. She became enamored with the drama on Dawson’s Creek (season 2, ya’ll) and, like me, is Team Pacey all the way.
4. I realize that I am posting quite a few iPhone photos lately. I promise I will get back to regular camera pictures soon…like as soon as I can find my camera. But I will say this, the iPhone comes in handy when you need to capture a milestone moment before it passes you by… like when Turk allowed Rufus to sit on his bed for the first time!
PPS – Polly Pocket is still available for adoption – check out her profile on Petfinder!
Fridays are tough for this blogger. Statistically, it is my lowest readership day of the week. Why? I’m not sure. But because of that, it is always tough for me to come up with something to write for Fridays. I also tend to come up with half-baked post ideas. Ones that sounds great when I am
in the shower pondering blog topics, but aren’t super content-rich when I go to write. So I came up with this idea: Fridays are going to be for the random half-baked content I come up with while plucking my eyebrows but aren’t enough to have an entire post dedicated to it. Sound good? I hope so! So here goes…
1. I recently attended a Kansas City Blogger event at Saks Off 5th at the Legends Outlets. While this blog is not fashion-focused (unless it’s doggy fashion, and in that case…), I do love to shop and I couldn’t pass up
the free $25 gift card they gave all of the bloggers spending time with my fellow blog chicas.
A fun time was had by all and I walked away with these amazeballs Carrera sunglasses. Win-win.
2. Last weekend Daniel & I ran in the Color Run. If you have the opportunity, run this race. It is so. much. fun!
3. We are gearing up for a big garage sale this weekend. I’ve never been super successful with them but I figure if we are going to move, we need to get rid of a lot of stuff – and making a few bucks in the process would be great! We still don’t know where we are moving, but the ball is officially rolling…
4. It. is. hot. Like, hotter than H-E-Double-Hockeysticks. Which means we are visiting the pool a lot and the dogs are hanging out inside doing their best to stay cool. This is how they look on any given day…
5. She got her stitches out yesterday and is now officially available for adoption through Heart of America Humane Society!
Today’s post comes from my bestie Deanna regarding the joys of being an aunt to Turk & Rufus (and our fosters)!
When you’re a kid, your dogs are your friends. When you’re an adult, your dogs are your kids. When you’re an adult whose apartment building doesn’t allow dogs, your bestie’s dogs are your nieces and nephews…and you buy a bunny that looks like your neph-dogs to ease the pain.
Rufus pranced into my heart in college and he’s had me willingly wrapped around his paw ever since. He is the only dog I’ve ever met that has zero flaws. (Ooh! Did you hear that? That was the sound of Daniel and my husband, Nate, rolling their eyes right out of their heads.)
Turk and I had a rocky relationship at first. We were both so young and naive when we first met…
Turk: still trying to figure out what it meant to be safe, secure, and loved. And me: trying to figure out why he ate dirt out of flower pots and seemed to have a special gift for stepping on my ovaries as he bounded over the couch. Thankfully, we’ve both grown a lot over the years.
That’s right, Daniel & Emily have trained us both well. Turk is now an amazing listener, he knows
a million four tricks, and he is the best cuddler in the universe. Plus, thanks to Emily and the online pittie community, I’ve learned about pittie personalities and what it means to be a great doggie aunt. Now, every time I see Turk my little heart goes pittie-patter!
The best part of the auntie business? When Emily & Daniel leave town, I get to dog-sit! That means I get two-or-more glorious days to shower my neph-dogs with affection.
If you’re in the market for a neph-dog, I would recommend finding a best friend with the following things: an adorable bungalow, a Wii, the uncanny ability to instantly turn her home into a bed and breakfast, and a knack for adopting the cutest dogs alive.
So, to recap: Thank you, Emily, for bringing Rufus and Turk into my life; thank you, pittie community, for teaching me how to be the best pittie-aunt I can be; thank you, shelters, for having a foster program that lets me be a foster aunt to some seriously magnificent pups;
and thank you, Rufus and Turk, for filling my heart to the brim with unconditional love.
Oh yeah. And thank you, sweet rabbit, for pretending to be a dog.
If you like what you read here, check out Deanna’s blog, My Latest Excuse! Deanna also whipped up some awesome free prints for all the pit bull aunts and uncles out there – feel free to share and download them!