You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Bungie on the Road’ category.
A few weeks ago we went to Duluth, MN to hang out with Daniel’s aunts and uncles (Bill, Beth, Carol, and Preston) and grandparents (Ray and Priscilla).
The weather was gorgeous and they even let me drive the boat (a first for me)! I may or may not have squealed “I feel like James Bond!” as I zipped around the bay. Also, Daniel and I may or may not have forgotten to wear sunscreen, thus causing very painful sunburns on our heads.
Beth’s dog Buddy was our constant companion – I am pretty sure he thinks he is a human.
And now for some Fun facts about Duluth, because you know you were waiting for it…
#1. They have an entire park dedicated to the viking Leif Ericson.
Side fact: Before I saw this statue, I thought the park was named after Leif Garrett.
#2. Duluth is the birthplace of Bob Dylan. He has a whole street dedicated to him.
#3. Duluth is also home to the Glensheen Historic Estate – which is basically like Downton Abbey: U.S. Edition. We toured it on our last day in Duluth. I hummed the tune from the opening credits almost the entire time. Daniel
looooooved hated that.
While discovering Duluth was really fun, I have to admit, my favorite activity of the weekend involved another first for me: driving a four-wheeler.
Check out our boating-induced sunburns. Ouch.
Oh, and because no Hawkins family weekend is complete without some kind of DIY project, check out the birdhouse bench we worked on for Daniel’s Aunt Beth. The idea was that each Hawkins’ couple/family unit would be given one house on the bench to decorate in their own style.
To fit with the style of our bungalow in Kansas City, we picked the smallest house of the group – the light blue cottage smack in the middle of the bench. During the downtime between outings, I could be found painstakingly working on our little cottage to make it look just right.
I’m not going to lie, I think it turned out pretty awesome. And so us…
We had a blast in Duluth and hope to get back there sometime this winter to check out all of the fun cold weather activities Minnesota has to offer! What about you? Have you done anything for the first time this summer (like going four-wheeling or driving a boat)? For all you Minnesotans, was there anything we missed on our trip?
How is it August already?! Seriously… I used to make fun of “old people” who talked about how fast time was flying, and somewhere along the way, I became one of them. Ooops. And now for the random…
1. It’s official. Our house is for sale. Now the fun begins…
Rufus and Turk, like Phelps and Lochte, are bros. And bros watch other bros swim.
Polly could care less about the Olympics. Unless napping is an Olympic sport – then she might be a contender for the Gold.
3. Speaking of cute doggies, look who is back from the vet and recuperating at home! According to Jenny, Ginger hasn’t left Aaron’s side since returning home. Something tells me he doesn’t mind though…
4. During a quick weekend trip to Duluth, MN to visit family, Daniel’s aunt showed me this photo of him. First of all, my husband was one ad.or.a.ble child – seriously so cute. Second of all, could he not totally pass as a 2012 hipster?! The hair, that tank top…it’s ridiculous.
What a week! I swear this summer is flying by so fast – I am sending out my resume like crazy and hope something will turn up soon. So while I wait, let’s dedicate a little time to the random…
1. I bought this little kitchen cart on Tuesday. I bought some Sun Yellow High Gloss Rust-o-leum spray paint on Wednesday. They shall meet this weekend in what I hope will be an epic revamp. Fingers crossed.
2. Polly Pocket is scheduled to attend doggy daycare at A Dog’s Fun Playce for a few days next week. While Polly is pretty good with other dogs, she can be a bit picky about her playmates. I am anxious to see how she will do. I am hoping it goes really well because this goofball could use some doggy playtime stat.
3. Speaking of Polly, she proved to be a fantastic TV-watching buddy when I was home sick yesterday. She became enamored with the drama on Dawson’s Creek (season 2, ya’ll) and, like me, is Team Pacey all the way.
4. I realize that I am posting quite a few iPhone photos lately. I promise I will get back to regular camera pictures soon…like as soon as I can find my camera. But I will say this, the iPhone comes in handy when you need to capture a milestone moment before it passes you by… like when Turk allowed Rufus to sit on his bed for the first time!
PPS – Polly Pocket is still available for adoption – check out her profile on Petfinder!
I don’t know what’s wrong with me…scratch that. I know exactly what’s wrong with me.
I am suffering from writer’s block. It is hard to go from a vacation mindset like this:
I’ll admit, having the dogs
distract me monitor my work is not super helpful. But I am soaking in all of the doggie goodness I’ve been missing while I was in California. Seriously, is there anything better than coming home after a long absence and having your dogs greet you at the door with wiggly butts? I submit that there is not!
So I am asking you, Our Waldo Bungie readers, what exactly would you like me to write about? If you love to hear about dog stuff, what dog stuff would you like to hear? Fosters? Turk? Rufus? How we train for specific issues? Pack walks? Something else? Let me know! If you come here for the DIY/home decorating posts – what would you like to hear about? Please help me escape my writer’s/vacation block!